Meinhardt To Lead Plans For New Regional Urban Wetland Park
Meinhardt has been appointed by Cardinia Shire Council as principal consultant on the Deep Creek Parkland and Wetland project.
Meinhardt will be leading a multi-disciplinary team which includes stormwater consultants Water Technology, Landscape Architects Jeavons and Geotechnical Engineers Ground Science. This follows successful collaborations with these consultants in the past on multiple projects.
The Deep Creek Master Plan, as the basis of the Pakenham alternative Water Strategy, is a Council and community endorsed plan for a regional urban wetland park located in the centre of the Pakenham Township. The report identified some key infrastructure improvements including;
- Golf Course Realignment
- Golf Club House combined with the Eco Centre in one building
- Associated car parking and site access upgrade
- Demonstration Wetland & Gardens
- Community Meeting Space
- All-Abilities Eco Playground
- Kick-A-Bout Area
- Shared paths incorporating small bridges, boardwalks and viewing platforms
- Drainage Corridors with a series of ponds, creating a large wetland
- Re-vegetation and planting out of overall reserve
The Meinhardt team will work with Council and the community, Melbourne Water and other relevant authorities to develop a detailed design of the parkland and wetland. Work will include stormwater and flood modelling, civil and infrastructure design and landscape architecture for the site. The team’s involvement will further the work already completed on the master plan to date and allow the project to move into its next phase.
Scott Carne, Associate – Land Development