Virgin Jet Base Upgrade
Navisworks Manage was used to produce a 3D timeline simulation video of the proposed construction sequence which was vital to the operations of the existing hanger.
An important consideration for the new hangar extension was to maintain the use of the existing hangar and taxi-way during construction. We presented to the client a structural engineering concept for the construction of the new hanger extension which showed how this could be achieved.
- Meinhardt Structures
- Meinhardt Project Management
Use BIM to enhance the traditional level of information supplied to the Client and to better enable their understanding of the required construction sequence for the proposed build.
- Spacegass Engineering Design Software
- REVIT Structure 2014
- Navisworks Manage
- Maximising effieciences and end product – by capatalising on the interoperability Meinhardt has between 3D engineering design software, Revit Structure & Navisworks Manage.
- The Structural Design Model was directly linked to Revit Structure to automatically produce a Revit Model and quickly generate a package of 2D & 3D drawings for the Client.
- Revit was used to provide concept material take-off quantities of the structure for the Client’s consideration.
- Navisworks Manage was used to produce a 3D timeline simulation video of the proposed construction sequence which was vital to the operations of the existing hanger.
- Navisworks Manage was also used to produce additional virtual imagery. This was presented in a powerpoint presentation to the Client along with the simulation video and drawing package.